You can tell these guys are made for each other! A little session of already married couple. They just wanted some pictures made in Bodrum, as they got married winter time in Ukraine.
Winter time is a good time to start sharing what I’ve shot in the summer. Because you know in the summer you don’t want to sit in front of the computer writing blog posts, when the sun is shining and sea is calling. And now it’s a perfect time to do that, when it’s cold and raining outside. And when my baby is sleeping, mommy is working, catching up with the blogging 🙂
Going back to boutique hotel in Guluk (30km from Brodum) right on a lovely private beach Med-inn hotel to shoot a wedding this time. It’s always nice to go back to a place you’ve been and feel welcome, see familiar areas, so that on an event day you can turn around quick. Shebna and Stewart was coming all the way from New York to get married in warm and sunny Bodrum. I was always thinking that New Yorker’s are always rushing, but these guys were totally relaxed 🙂 You wouldn’t even think they are getting married 🙂 Shebna even went for a swim just before her make up 🙂 Super chill! Her dress was exceptional, because when you have legs like she does, you would want to show it too 🙂
It was a real pleasure shooting in Med-inn hotel, when you look outside and see just a blue sea and feel the breeze that is promising a beautiful afternoon for an amazing wedding party.
During these years shooting weddings I notice many things that could be enhanced or amended for better photos!
So this is why I will be sharing some tips, that you might not think off and it could make a big difference how you pictures look.
This post will be for my dear future brides. Of course these are just from my point of view, but in any case you should discuss it with your photographer, make up artist or hair stylist for best final option for that moment.
Here is a list of tips for brides to consider for your big day:
1. Couple photo session 1.5h before sunset. How you get that even and soft light in the image? It’s because it has been shot an 1.5-1h before sunset. So if you want your images to look soft, choose photo session sunset time. Or if your wedding is abroad or you have a busy wedding day schedule the next suggestion is for you.
2. Do the photo session different day than your wedding. This way will be no stress for being late. You can just get ready and enjoy the photo session, just you and your future husband. In this case you can take pictures in couple of different places, that you like, that might be a little further.
3. Keep the room tidy. This one is very important, because all the clutter and mess in the room will be captured 🙂 just assign someone to keep the room tidy where you will be getting ready. Dresses hanged, shoes nicely put together, clothing in the wardrobe, make up on the make up table, no empty bottles of water and so on.
4. Bride wearing silk bathrobe or anything that will look flattering in the image during the time of getting ready. Please, do not wear bulky hotel robe. Unless its something made out of sheer material, that is looking feminine.
5. Test try your make up and hair before wedding. I’ve seen situations when bride is not happy and need to redo the hair or make up and this cuts the time from the photo session. Which does not help a photographer at all. And if you planned a photo session in away from the reception, it might not happen, because you might be running out of time. And you don’t want to be late for your ceremony 🙂
Also if you still think that you might need more time, add an extra hour to your hair and make up timing. Means meeting earlier for it. And giving them strict time frame.
6. More make up! Even if you do not use lots of make up everyday, wedding day is the day when you need a little more of it., because camera loves contrast. I do not suggest overdoing it. If your make up artist is professional, he/she will know how to make you look flawless for photos! Of course, always stick to your style.
Ok, so the late afternoon is the best time of the day for the photo sessions!!! And I have to admit it is my favorite time of the day to shoot 🙂
Dear Brides to be, if you planing your wedding, please please please, give your photographer 30 minutes sunset photo session. You will not regret!
This is a second part of the Forest Bride editorial shoot. But its done on the beach, so the concept is different. Beach Bride editorial is more relaxed as the bride is not obliged to wear shoes. Happy feet 🙂
Its been bugging me to do this editorial for awhile. And finally, one warm afternoon in Bitez village, it happened. The model is a friend of mine 🙂 She was kind enough to be a bride for a day. With this “Forest bride editorial”, I was trying to show that it’s not necessary to spend a lot of money to be beautiful 🙂 As I made a bouquet from the back garden, and there is always someone close to you, who can do your hair and make-up. And no need of going to some fancy hotels to have beautiful pictures. Nature is beautiful!
Special Thanx to Yana, for helping us with the hair. It is always good to have friends who are skillful like Yana and Aliona! Thank you girls!