During these years shooting weddings I notice many things that could be enhanced or amended for better photos!
So this is why I will be sharing some tips, that you might not think off and it could make a big difference how you pictures look.
This post will be for my dear future brides. Of course these are just from my point of view, but in any case you should discuss it with your photographer, make up artist or hair stylist for best final option for that moment.
Here is a list of tips for brides to consider for your big day:
1. Couple photo session 1.5h before sunset. How you get that even and soft light in the image? It’s because it has been shot an 1.5-1h before sunset. So if you want your images to look soft, choose photo session sunset time. Or if your wedding is abroad or you have a busy wedding day schedule the next suggestion is for you.
2. Do the photo session different day than your wedding. This way will be no stress for being late. You can just get ready and enjoy the photo session, just you and your future husband. In this case you can take pictures in couple of different places, that you like, that might be a little further.
3. Keep the room tidy. This one is very important, because all the clutter and mess in the room will be captured 🙂 just assign someone to keep the room tidy where you will be getting ready. Dresses hanged, shoes nicely put together, clothing in the wardrobe, make up on the make up table, no empty bottles of water and so on.
4. Bride wearing silk bathrobe or anything that will look flattering in the image during the time of getting ready. Please, do not wear bulky hotel robe. Unless its something made out of sheer material, that is looking feminine.
5. Test try your make up and hair before wedding. I’ve seen situations when bride is not happy and need to redo the hair or make up and this cuts the time from the photo session. Which does not help a photographer at all. And if you planned a photo session in away from the reception, it might not happen, because you might be running out of time. And you don’t want to be late for your ceremony 🙂
Also if you still think that you might need more time, add an extra hour to your hair and make up timing. Means meeting earlier for it. And giving them strict time frame.
6. More make up! Even if you do not use lots of make up everyday, wedding day is the day when you need a little more of it., because camera loves contrast. I do not suggest overdoing it. If your make up artist is professional, he/she will know how to make you look flawless for photos! Of course, always stick to your style.